Fondazione De La Salle Solidarietà Internazionale Onlus
Fondazione De La Salle Solidarietà Internazionale ONLUS is a non-profit organization, committed to the realization of solidarity and development projects in the field of education throughout the world, mainly where Lasallians are present in the service of populations in vulnerable situations.
This organization is the legal instrument of the Secretariat for Solidarity and Development, located in the Mother House of the La Salle Brothers in Rome, Italy.
Its mission is to support educational centres in the most fragile contexts, to allow each child to go to school, and all young men and women to be educated for their future, removing obstacles that prevent full access to the right to education.
- Every year, this NGO works to build new educational centres, formal and non-formal, in rural and at-risk areas, working alongside Lasallian schools, at all levels, to improve and expand their facilities and educational curriculum so as to reach more children, young people, and adults who would not otherwise have access to education.
- It provides schools with clean water, cafeterias, student residences and workshops.
- It allocates scholarships and implements specific programs to promote the inclusion of the most marginalized social groups, women and girls, and students with special needs.
- It starts vocational training courses that represent a second chance for young people who have dropped out of school.
- Education for all also means preparing educators to make the school a safe and resilient environment and it does this by organizing annual training courses around the world for the protection of children’s rights, resiliency and innovative pedagogy.
All its activities pay particular attention to ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY by promoting not only the use of renewable energy sources but also the responsible management of natural resources.
Starting from educational centres, this NGO listens to the needs of the community in which it operates and responds with integrated and sustainable programs so that our Lasallian ministries become a driver of development for the whole community.
They realize their mission also with the support of local and international volunteers, who supports with their skills and talents the work of the communities entrusted to their care.
Stay updated to receive news about the open calls for volunteers within the Servizio Civile Universale projects, European Union opportunities and online volunteers!